The Sunshine Blogger Award | Summer

Sunday, June 25, 2017


 



   Hello everyone! School is over, and summer is upon us, and here I am back to blogging. I have taken it upon myself to take the Sunshine Blogger Award tag, as found on a friend's blog - link below. It has been quite a while since I've done a tag, so this will be fun.

http://overthehillsthereisacottage.blogspot.ca/2017/04/its-another-day-of-sun-sunshine-blogger.html

Do you have any family heirlooms?
     There is a couple old tea-sets, but that's pretty much it. 


Opinion on Letterwriting?
   I love letter writing. Although I don't write letters very often, when I was younger I had a pen-pal and it was so fun. It seems as though you can receive as many messages or emails as you want, but nothing is quite so exciting as getting a letter. 
   So, if any of you would like to write letters, let me know. 

 Do you prefer tea, coffee or cocoa?
    Herbal tea. I don't drink coffee, and I know it will probably come as a shock to ya'll (as it does to most people) that I don't like chocolate.


What's your favourite children's story?
    Little House On The Prairie, was a favourite as a child, and any horse book.  

What movie or Period Drama ending really frustrated you? And how would you change it?
 
   Ooh. Christy - the series was a childhood favourite of mine. We all watched it as a family, and I loved all the characters, and the setting, and the plot. The ending was rather abrupt, and even though I haven't seen the sequel movies, I read some spoilers. 
    
     Here's my opinion. Neil McNeil was a nice enough guy. But he had a pretty fiery temper, he was rash, he was rude, and he was married. Ok, I understand that his wife left him, and Christy didn't know. But his wife came back, and they were doing pretty good! 
      David was so nice. He had his flaws, but he was always looking after Christy, and he waited for her for so long.
    
    If I had my choice of ending, I would've had Neil get back together with his wife, and David and Christy get together. End of rant.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

   Good question. We cannot tell the future, so I can't say for sure. But here are several possibilities. 
    I can imagine myself travelling, and maybe teaching in somewhere, and writing in the evenings. But I also feel a call to be teaching and doing mission work somewhere in India, Africa, or anywhere that there is a great need. 

 What makes you nostalgic?

   Lots of things. Reading a book that I read when I was little, or going through old things, or smelling something that reminds me of my childhood. Eating noodle soup, or sitting around the fireplace in the winter, with candles, or when the power is out. Pretty much anything can make me feel nostalgic. 


If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
  Maybe something like a deer? Quiet, but attentive, most people might not even notice that I'm there, but I can be playful, and curious too. 

If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
   If a loved one was to serenade me, I would turn bright red, and most likely be embarrassed for the rest of the evening, and make them promise to keep it a secret forever. 

If you could change your name to anything what would your new name be?
   I have actually thought about this a lot. My middle name is Martha, and I have never really liked it at all. So, I've wanted to change it. If I could change my first name it would probably be, Samantha, Emma, Sophie, or Josephine. 
  
  If I changed my middle name I would probably choose Anne, or maybe something that started with a R just for the fun of it, so my initials would be R.R.R.

What's your favourite biscuit to dunk?
   Peanut butter, in milk.

     I tag Rebecca at Amazing Adventures, Jess Dunlap, and whoever else would like to, to answer my questions! Please feel free to answer in the comments, or on your blog, whichever you would rather. 

    My Questions:
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Who is your biggest inspiration?
Sunflowers or lilacs?
What is your favourite part of summer?
If you were able to do anything career/future wise, what would you do?
What is something on your bucket list?
If you had to describe yourself in five word, what would they be?
What is something that makes you happy?
How do you feel about talking on the phone?
Sweet, savoury, or sour?


  Have a great day, and enjoy your summer. Hopefully I will be posting a lot more now that school is over.

  Sincerely,
  Rachel R.
   

You Might Also Like

0 comments